LOOKING BACK AT 2014: FACULTY LOUNGE PHOTO RETROSPECTIVE
1. Kenneth Petit was named recipient of the Springfield Technical Community College Anthony M. Scibelli Endowed Chair and Susan Schneider was named the Joseph J. Deliso, Sr. Endowed Chair.
2. “Dora, a Headcase,” a novel by Lidia Yuknavitch, Mt. Hood Community College (Ore.) instructor, was optioned by Katherine Brooks of Big Easy Pictures.
3. “Window Through the Sky,” a work by Kevin Hinkle of the Communication and Languages Department., Raritan Valley Community College’s (N.J.).
4. The Randolph Community College Foundation’s Dancing with the Randolph Stars fundraiser raised more than $200,000, a record amount of money in the fifth year of the event. Dancers Linda Covington and John Pugh with their trophies recognizing them as the Sponsors’ Choice for Best Costumes.
5. Chef Eric Mark, left, and Chef Joseph St Paul, Delgado Community College (N.J.) Culinary Arts faculty members, earned American Culinary Federation certification as certified executive chefs.
6. St. Louis Community College (Mo.) photography professor David Hanlon photographed many sights during his exchange trip to China, including the Yellow Mountains.
7. Veteran Piper Andy Simpson, playing his bagpipes at Cape Fear Community College. (N.C.)
8. Darren McManus, Raritan Valley Community College’s (N.J.) Visual and Performing Arts Department faculty member, painted “Symbiosis #4,” acrylic on beveled wood..