Annual International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence
May 26 – 29, 2018 | Hyatt Regency | Austin, Texas
What you hear about Austin, Texas is true. Home to more than 250 music venues, fun and inspiring cuisine, the Congress Avenue Bridge Bats, and stunning outdoor settings, the Live Music Capital of the World lets you create a soundtrack all your own!
Created in 1978, NISOD is a membership organization committed to promoting and celebrating excellence in teaching, learning, and leadership at community and technical colleges. For community and technical colleges that want to make the most of their professional development dollars, NISOD provides budget-friendly, high-quality, and facultyfocused programs and resources. Our customer-focused approach has helped align our wide array of benefits with the needs of our members, which explains why the American Association of Community Colleges named NISOD, “The country’s leading provider of professional development for community college faculty, staff, and administrators.” Visit www.nisod.org for additional information about NISOD, including how to join this dynamic community of community and technical college educators.
NISOD’s is the definitive gathering of community and technical college faculty, administrators, and staff seeking to engage in deep conversations about best and promising practices designed to improve student achievement. Conference features include:
• The Excellence Awards Dinner and Celebration, during which NISOD honors and celebrates Excellence Award recipients;
• General Sessions featuring inspiring and motivating national speakers;
• Intensive, hands-on preconference seminars facilitated by teaching and learning experts;
• Special sessions facilitated by experts on the important issues facing today's community and technical colleges;
• Exemplary practices and programs explored during breakout sessions and roundtable discussions; and
• The Administrator Series featuring content and activities that ensure community and technical college executives connect with each other and national thought leaders to address important issues facing today’s high-level administrators.
NISOD is currently accepting proposals to present breakout sessions, roundtable discussions, or preconference seminars that address important issues facing today’s community and technical colleges. Proposals will be accepted at www.nisod.org/cfp through January 8, 2018. Presenting a session is a great way to receive national recognition for your program and expand your professional portfolio. And if that’s not enough, presenters receive a $50 registration discount. Submit your proposal today and become a part of a community that has made NISOD’s conference the “must-attend” event for 40 years.
NISOD’s annual conference also includes an exciting Exhibit Hall featuring exhibitors and sponsors showcasing their latest products and services, as well as coffee breaks, refreshment breaks, receptions, and prize drawings. Contact Beth Helberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 471- 7545 regarding exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities.